255.000 kg of steel | 6 months of production | 24 load test in 8 days
In 2014, Hyundai Heavy Industries has been focused on expanding its capability in building the world’s largest floating offshore units.
Presently it is finishing a new shear leg type heavy lifting vessel at its shipbuilding affiliate Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries. The vessel will have a lifting capacity of 10.000 tonnes and is planned to begin operation first quarter 2015. With this vessel, HHI will expand its ability to build different units of floaters for deepwater exploration and fixed platforms.
In this project:
- IRIZAR FORGE has produced 8 hook assembly for the crane of the vessel in our Lazkao facilities.
- 255.000kg of steel were necessary to forge main components.
- 6 months production the first half of 2014.
- 24 different load tests at 1840t in 8 working days.
- Korean Register as Classification Body during design, manufacturing and testing processes.